Do you want to understand more about your body?
Have you noticed that something isn’t quite feeling right with how you move?
Have you noticed a technique error that constantly occurs, no matter how much you try to correct it?
Do you get reoccurring niggles that stop you from pushing yourself?
Or do you want to ensure that your body functions optimally so that you can perform better in your sport, everyday tasks, and be prepared for what the future brings?
Then this is for you.
The intrinsic biomechanics strength and mobility programmes are intended to improve the biomechanical function of your body, this includes the major joints and systems. This has been shown to reduce the risk of injury and help to improve performance in sports or everyday activities. Case studies have also noticed that sticking to an intrinsic biomechanics programme can reduce discomfort as a bi-product of correcting any biomechanical causes, although it is not intended as a pain reducing programme.
Programmes can be tailored to your sport with intention to optimise performance and reach a goal.
Understanding how your own body functions can help you get the best out of your body. It may not always be possible to create a ‘perfect’ balance in our musculoskeletal structure, especially if there is a structural, neurological or health issue that prevents it, but we can certainly give our body a helping hand in what it needs to function better and reduce risk of injury.
As a Level 3 Exercise Referral Specialist I can safely work with people that have the following conditions:
- Rhumatiod Arthritis
- Joint replacement
- Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (CPOD)
- Mechanical lower back pain
This programme is ideal for anyone that wants to move well. It can be a stand alone programme to help you to recover from or work with a condition you may have, or it can work alongside your current training plan to optimize performance and prevent injury.
12 week Biomechanics Coaching
Initial Assessment – up to 2 hours *
Reassessments – up to 1 hour *
*If you cannot make a booked appointment you must reschedule within 24 hours or a cancellation fee of £30 will be charged.
- After the initial assessment you will be provided with a program specific to your body to help improve how your body functions, performs, to reduce the risk of injury and meet your goals.
- You will be coached to perform exercises correctly, as this is the foundation of improving intrinsic biomechanics, and videos are provided so that you can refer back to them.
- Reassessments are necessary to progress you through the process of moving better.
- Your programme will be updated after each reassessment.
- You will have up to 4 reassessments as well as the initial consultation over the 12 week period, the intervals between will be dependant and specific to you.
- If you require additional reassessments throughout this time they can be provided at an additional cost.
- You will learn the tools you need to keep your body running optimally.
- Beyond the 12 weeks you can choose to have additional coaching and reassessments.
In Person Manual Assessments
A thorough examination of how your body is currently functioning includes 26 manual assessments covering your pelvis, spine, shoulders, knees and feet, as well as looking at how you move / your technique with any area of concern.
Some of the tests require me to see the movement of your shoulders, so please be prepared to take your top off, or wear a strappy vest top where your shoulders and upper back are visible.
You will also need to wear clothing that enables a clear view of your knees, and wear shoes that are suitable to jump in.
Procedures have been set in place to ensure safety for both you and I.
A combination of visual assessments and movement analysis, covering the pelvis, spine, shoulders, knees, feet and nervous system.
- You will be required to fill in a consultation form first, including a PAR-Q form.
- The assessment will be done via Zoom. I will send you a link before the appointment and all you need to do is click on the link.
- You will need to set up your camera so that I can see you straight on. You will also need a dinning room style chair to set on, and maybe some books to place under your feet, and a step about 30 cm high that you can safely step off of.
- Make sure there is light shining on you from behind the camera.
- Some of the tests require me to see the movement of your shoulders, so please be prepared to take your top off, or wear a strappy vest top where your shoulders and upper back are visible.
- You will also need to wear clothing that enables a clear view of your knees, and wear shoes that are suitable to jump in.
- Movement analysis will also be done, so you will need to have a space where your whole body can be seen.
- After the initial assessments you will be provided with a programme of exercises that will target areas identified in your assessment that will help you to move better.
- The programme is low impact and can easily be done at home.
- For optimal effect you will need a selection of circular mini resistance bands, otherwise known as pre and rehab bands.
- You will be coached for a period of 12 weeks, with regular reassessments to monitor your progress and so that your programme can be progressed at the right time for you.